Attendees: Joe Young – VLO, Joe Frost – MSOC, Sam Caruso – Caruso Chiropractic, Amanda and Terri Sharp – Down the Rabbit Hole, Tanya Sallade – Lucky’s Natural Foods, Joan Sheridan – Heritage S&W, Bryan Symansic – The Michigan Outfitter, Garrett Hoffman – Mach Studios, Patricia Duke – Love Inc., Kim Rivera – New Moon Visions, Molly LaLone – LODDA
M-24 Digital Merchant Tool Kit
Preview at Business Partners Meeting, Oct 22, 2019
• Project Facts/Schedule
• Maps/ Info
• Contact List
• Merchant Meet-up Schedule
- Web page with links to project information published this fall
- FB Event Page for the events plus links to more information
- Modify Parking map to show alternative routes into town during construction
- Dragon on the Lake – what went well and what could be improved?
- Need pathways inside the block for Business accessibility
- If using S. Broadway, need large attraction at the Toto Macau end to get people down to all the vendors – or don’t go that far south.
- Reminder: layout dictated by Fire Department
- VLO could provide event layout suggestions to be used by outside event organizers. It would include where to put portajohns and where pathways should be placed.
- (5)Halloween Parade – Tabled
- Any businesses want to be Trunk or Treat at Children’s Park lot?
- Anyone want to be Banner bearer at end of parade?
- Real Men Wear Pink: Planning Meeting Tuesday August 27th at 6:30pm at Northern Flooring
- September 10-12 Pink Chair Relay Style at Northern Flooring
- September 15: Boobs Toobs and Dudes fundraiser at Greens Park. Noon – 3pm, $25 entry. Pink tubes, pink drinks in the water, music
- Other ideas – promotions at stores
- Other collaborator ideas: Molly of Pink Fund, Heritage comfort group
- For updates: https://www.facebook.com/mrlakeorion/ and https://www.facebook.com/experiencelakeorion/
- Babes On Broadway: October 10th, tickets at https://lovenlightproductions.com/babes-on-broadway
- Zombie Walk: September 21st 8pm – Midnight
- $5 entry, +$10 Poker Run
- All proceeds to Orion Lighted Holiday Parade
- Heritage Holiday Art Fest: Sunday, December 1st, 11am – 5pm
- Invite your Artist friends to sell in your store
- Annual event by Heritage Spinning & Weaving, Joan invites all to participate and cross promote
- Holiday Lights – White, Green, Blue LEDs
- Talk to Lloyd Coe for quote as well as commercial providers
- Contact DDA office if you:
- Want to order lights with the DDA (for price break)
- Want to hire someone to hang your lights on your building
- Snow – push the snow in front of your building all the way to the street for DPW pickup
- Send contract information to Garrett Hoffman, he has connections.
- Business owners stressed the importance of safety in the parking lots for employees and customers
Education: Jon Schallert, September 5, 2019 at LOUMC 8am – 2pm
- Please register at Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/502848293802643/
- Lunch will be provided
- Sponsored by Main Street Oakland County, all are welcome to morning session
- Afternoon session for LLO Businesses only
Main Street Oakland County – business connect, Joe Frost is Liason
- Benefits Brochure
- Updates to their website and social media – 20th year coordinating
- National Main street – 40th year
- Design Assistance – There is a form to request this, turnaround is 4-6 weeks. Joe Frost took photo of Builders Custom Flooring, Kathy Coe says they are interested for their building (Ed’s Broadway Gifts & Costumes)
- Regional Assistance: Lodging is a need in Oxford/Lake Orion area
- Event Best Practices: Joe will ask for examples of Best Practice brochures provided by municipalities for downtown events.
- Cross promotional coordination between Oxford and Lake Orion
Next meeting scheduled for September 24, 2019, 8:30am at ABeanToGo