- #ExperienceLakeOrion will be the main hashtag for everyone to use to create a cohesive message when promoting Lake Orion (and your business, of course) on Social Media.
- Look for other hashtags to promote individual events, available on the www.downtownlakeorion.org web pages of the events itself. daftar olxtoto Scroll to the bottom of the page to find them.
- Thanks to Jordan Knudsen for helping us put together this Social Media Messaging Guideline Template. (click the link to download the pdf)
Love Lake Orion Shop to Win contest
- New Logo, window cling and big, fancy bow on the doors of participating businesses.
- Look for FB event and DDA newsletter promoting it this week.
- Thanks to all the businesses who’ve contributed to the prizes. Now each prize is valued at over $150!
Brides on Broadway
- Purpose is to create a stress free and fun experience for our guests
- It is about building a relationship with our customers so that they keep coming back for years to come
- Passport stroll gives Brides a chance to see your store. Each business will stamp their Passport. They get tickets to use for Silent Auction at the end of the day.
- Invitation to Brides will go out soon
- Magazine will tie it all together.
- If a business does an expert program, they will be offered a 30% discount towards advertising
- Aiming for 100 people
- Still looking for products to photograph for the magazine.
How the day will run
10 a.m. – check-in at ABeanToGo and The Event place
10:15 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Passport Stroll
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Sips N’ Nibbles
2:30 p.m. – Music @ ABeanToGo
3:00 p.m. – Sweet Endings at Knude and silent auction @ Wine Social
- Look into direct mail instead of newspaper and billboard
- Include Lake Orion schools (already put flyers into backpacks)
- Suggested no hot food vendors
- Suggested we try to use all of the town for events (bring vendors all the way down to Valentino’s)
- Will be handing out “push cards” (business card sized flyers) to give to our vendors who will then pass them out to vendors they see at other events. If anyone else wants some, email Pam at email@example.com
- We’re using Facebook page/Facebook Ads more than in years past
- Website is updated and completely responsive to phones, tablets, etc.
- Look into using more targeted email lists
- Suggested we use direct mail to reach customers outside of Lake Orion
Idea – New event for July 21st – Tim from 20 Front Street “Music Through Town” putting musicians into businesses all through town. Create a passport, similar to Brides and Babes. Have Grand Finale at Lockhart’s BBQ.
Scott Reynolds – Collaboration – Get involved, come to meetings, let your opinion be heard. Also suggested we add to the events we already have, instead of creating more events.
Joan Sheridan – Recommend creating a DDA Priorities survey to the Facebook Business Group. Drew Ciora offered to help with this.